Bring Jamaica Together Under God – PM Tells Church UncategorizedMarch 17, 2008 FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Prime Minister Bruce Golding is calling on the Church to help bring Jamaica together under God, a role which he said no other institution can perform.He said the government would be embarking on a campaign to mobilize the nation around things that are good and righteous, and the Church was required to play a lead role in that effort.Mr. Golding was speaking on Sunday (Mar. 16), at the closing of the 32nd Annual Camp Meeting of the Bishop Herro Blair led Deliverance Centre on Waltham Park Road under the theme ‘Rekindling the Fire.’He said Jamaica faces many challenges and problems, some of which cannot be fixed by any law. He said it was as if a satanic force had taken over the country and a spiritual force was therefore needed to take the country through this difficult period. He said hope for a future for Jamaica must be rooted in faith and the belief that God can move mountains. He said Jamaicans must be seized by the power of God and that as it is He who created us, it is through us that He can repair the country.Mr. Golding said politicians alone cannot lead the country, but are in need of God’s guidance in carrying out their duties. He thanked the leadership of the Deliverance Centre who, through Bishop Herro Blair as Head of the Peace Management Initiative, has taken Jamaica through some difficult times.Mayor of Kingston, Councilor Desmond McKenzie was also in attendance at the service. RelatedBring Jamaica Together Under God – PM Tells Church RelatedBring Jamaica Together Under God – PM Tells Church RelatedBring Jamaica Together Under God – PM Tells Church Advertisements
GLOUCESTER, Mass. — The crew on board a Gloucester Fire Ambulance noticed the ride to Addison Gilbert Hospital was bumpy. What they didn’t realize was the fact that the back wheels of the rescue truck were about to fall off.Neil Burns was the patient in that ambulance. He says he noticed something was wrong. Click here to continue reading the story.
Many men’s and women’s swimmers qualified for the NCAA championships in that meet and the women broke seven school records.Junior Yuen Kobayashi and freshman Jillian Tyler led the way for Minnesota as they broke a combined three school records.The women still hold their highest ranking in school history after the first half of the season and will focus on maintaining that success in the second half.“A lot of the meets are now sticking to consistent performances,” Shaughnessy said.For the men the emphasis now becomes improving their earlier marks in an attempt to defend their Big Ten championship.“A lot of guys are going at their best times right now, but in the second half it’s going to be what else you can do to go faster,” Schmidt said.The men’s team has had to adjust after losing a number of key performers from last year and that transition has been eased in different events this year.The freestyle event has been the strength for the Gophers in the past and this year they haven’t performed as well, but the contributors in that event are improving and other events are stronger this year.“The freestylers are stepping up and the medley relay has really stepped up,” Schmidt said. “We’re still a real strong team.”Minnesota will have little time to recover from the Hawaii trip when they return on Jan. 15 because they have a meet against Arizona State just four days later.“It’s always a challenge to adjust when we come back because we’re so physically drained, but this year we have a little more time to recover,” Shaughnessy said. Hawaii is Minnesota’s destination but they won’t be lounging on the beachThe team will escape the cold and head to competitions in Hawaii. Nick GerhardtDecember 12, 2007Jump to CommentsShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via EmailPrintThe men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams are going to get lei-ed over winter break.When Minnesota travels to Hawaii to train and compete, they will likely receive the customary lei upon their arrival, but after that the serious training will begin.The trip might sound like a vacation, but the team will have their days filled with training.“It’s definitely not all fun and games,” junior Jenny Shaughnessy said. “There are hours and hours of training every day.”The women will compete against California-Berkeley and Idaho on Jan. 5 in Kona while the men will face Hawaii and Wisconsin on Jan. 12 in Honolulu.Most swimmers see the trip as an opportunity to bond with teammates since they will spend the better part of two weeks together every day.“It definitely something to look forward to, but it’s not exactly like a vacation,” senior Tyler Schmidt said. “It’s definitely a time for team building.”Schmidt and Shaughnessy know hard work awaits them in Hawaii, but said they will have time to sightsee as well if they are not too tired from training.“They think they’ll have down time to sightsee, but normally they’re so tired they don’t want to do anything,” women’s co-head coach Kelly Kremer said.The women will practice and compete in an outdoor pool in Kona which gives people in the community an opportunity to watch Minnesota swim.The meet in Hawaii gives the team a chance to break the monotony of campus life, Kremer said, while working on little things like stroke technique and turns to better prepare them for the second half of the season.The Gophers completed the first half of the season with a bang, as they destroyed the competition at the Ohio State Invitational meet two weeks ago.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
Busquets does not have any preference between being the sole holding midfielder, or sharing the duty: “It is the manager’s decision, to choose which types of players to use. We have the option of repeating from the first game, with two advanced central midfielders, or with two holding midfielders which would keep us more compact, it depends on the game.” The Spanish international jumped to the defence of Arda Turan, who will be on the opposite side on Friday: “I have not spoken to him but the first game brought him a lot of criticism in his own country. Arda has given everything for his national team and it must be hard to take for him. We know of his quality and I have no doubts over it.” Though he does not avoid the pressure, Busquets considers that “not winning the European Championships would not be a failure”, reasoning that “only one national team can win the title and there are many favourites. We are excited and have the determination to do a good job. What we do not want is a repeat of what happened in Brazil”, referring to the sad impression left by the team in the World Cup, where they were eliminated in the group stages. Jordi Gil Sergio Busquets has good vibrations about Euro 2016. That is certainly what came across from his press conference on Thursday, where he said: “The feelings we got from the first game were very good, our play was at a high level, there is a very good atmosphere in the camp…everything adds to it and helps.” CEST 16/06/2016 at 21:20
He’s only been at Atletico Madrid for one season and was viewed as an option for the future. However the 22-year-old has been an ever-present for Diego SImeone, playing in 40 matches and racking up 3,155 minutes of action. 08/04/2019 IN SPORT.ES Onda Cero: Rodrigo quiere cambiar de aires Upd. at 17:55 Sport EN Guardiola needs a new defensive midfielder ahead of the new season. Fernandinho is 33 and Gundogan is likely to leave in the summer too. This would free up a starting place for Rodri in a team which has aspirations of winning every available trophy. The former Villarreal midfielder’s style would fit perfectly in Pep’s possession-based system, so much so that he’s often been referred to as the ‘new Busquets’. CEST Rodri has told his agent that he wants to leave Atletico Madrid according to Onda Cero. The reason behind this sudden change is the offers on the table from some of Europe’s richest sides, most notably Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City. Atletico paid €20m plus €5m in variables for him and now, in less than a year, can except Manchester City to pay his €70m buyout clause. On the business side of things it represents a huge success but Rodri will leave a massive hole in Atletico’s midfield. Not just for the next season, but for many seasons to come.
By ALANA MITCHELSON CARDINIA shire carers who look after family and friends with a mental illness will have the opportunity…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
The Golfing Union of Ireland have announced details of their selection criteria for the Boys Home Internationals and the GUI Coaching Panels. Aaron Marshall (Lisburn GC) during the first round of the Peter McEvoy Trophy played at Copt Heath Golf Club, Solihull, England. 11/04/2018.Picture: Golffile | Phil InglisAll photo usage must carry mandatory copyright credit (© Golffile | Phil Inglis) The top three players on the Bridgestone Boys International Order of Merit* and the top three players on the Boys Domestic Order of Merit* (Tom Montgomery Award) earn automatic selection on the Ireland team for this year’s Boys Home Internationals. Five more players will be chosen by the selection committee for the 11-member team. Details of the selection criteria for GUI Coaching Panels have also been published. This comprehensive document covers the 2018/19 coaching season and sets out standards and expectations for regional, provincial and national panels.Earlier this year the GUI introduced senior selection criteria for the first time and this latest development marks the next step in streamlining the GUI’s High Performance Programme.Alasdair Gibson, Captain of the Ireland Boys Team said: “The intention is to make the process more transparent and to give the players the opportunity to qualify for places automatically. The process will be reviewed at the end of the playing season and it would be our aspiration to include the European team selection in 2019.”The introduction of selection criteria is a new departure for the GUI and forms part of the Union’s strategic move to a more open and transparent culture. The selection criteria documents, as well as information about the GUI High Performance Programme, can be viewed on Golfnet at: https://www.golfnet.ie/guihp.*Note: Should a player be unavailable for the Boys Home Internationals or meet more than one of the automatic selection criteria, the selection will not be transferrable and will instead become a Selection Committee Pick. For example, if one of the top 3 players on the Tom Montgomery Order of Merit is also in the top 3 on the Boys International Order of Merit at the time of selection, the automatic pick will not move down to the player placed fourth on either Order of Merit and will instead revert to the Selection Committee.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
Ambulance personnel belonging to the Psychiatric Nurses Association are out on the picket line today on their second day of strike action for union recognition.Some 500 staff are carrying out a work stoppage from 7am-5pm nationwide, including those at Letterkenny University Hospital.The industrial action was sparked by the HSE’s refusal to recognise the National Ambulance Service Representative Association (NASRA), which is affiliated to the PNA. Members of the union are planning two consecutive strike days on Thursday, February 28, and Friday, March 1, if the matter is not settled by then.Speaking from the picket line in Letterkenny today, NASRA member Cathal McGlynn said the public response has been positive: “We are getting great support here again, and in Leinster House from TD Thomas Pringle.“What we are trying to do is keep the morale up and the momentum going and keep the public on our side.“At the end of the day, we are not looking for a pay increase. We just want the HSE to recognise NASRA.” NASRA member and local election candidate Cathal McGlynn, 22nd January 2019The HSE has said the NAS recognises the trade unions Siptu, Unite, and Fórsa as representatives for its staff and it will not undermine those agreements by engaging with other organisations.In light of the nurses’ strike result, Mr McGlynn said that PNA personnel are hopeful for action from the Minister for Health.Mr McGlynn said: “We see a change in the rhetoric and the language coming from the Health Minister. We are hoping that points towards the fact that they are looking for the HSE to start negotiating with us.”Mr McGlynn explained why he and his co-workers have chosen NASRA as their union, saying: “NASRA is made up of ambulance personnel, people who are doing the job we do day in and day out. They know our issues and concerns, they know exactly what’s needed.“Every employee should have a right to join a union of their choice. It shouldn’t be dictated to us by our management and our government – it’s our basic right.” Contingency plans are in place today to ensure services are not affected by the strike.During his conversation with Donegal Daily, Mr McGlynn commented that some crew members had just left on a call, adding: “Anybody on duty today has checked their vehicles this morning, they have let control know that they are on the picket line and they have their radios on. Our main concern will always be for our patients.”Donegal ambulance personnel on second day of strike action was last modified: February 20th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ambulance personnelnasraPNAstrike
Tigers fail to win a set in home matchBy Paul LeckerSports ReporterMARSHFIELD — The Marshfield girls tennis team was shut out by Stevens Point, falling 7-0 in a Wisconsin Valley Conference dual Thursday at Boson Courts.The Tigers won just one game in the four singles matches and were set down in straight sets in the three doubles matches.Marshfield (1-1 WVC) will play at the Brookfield Central Invitational on Friday and Saturday.(Hub City Times Sports Reporter Paul Lecker is also the publisher of MarshfieldAreaSports.com.)Stevens Point 7, Marshfield 0Singles: 1. Emily Luetschwager (SP) def. Ashley Schultz 6-0, 6-0; 2. Sabrina Tang (SP) def. Hanah Gadke 6-0, 6-1; 3. Lily Firkus (SP) def. Nicole Kivela 6-0, 6-0; 4. Suzie DeBot (SP) def. Cassie Strebe 6-0, 6-0.Doubles: 1. Jade Barber-Juliet Chapman (SP) def. Olivia Haessly-Emily Serchen 6-3, 6-3; 2. Madison DeBot-Kayla Stutesman (SP) def. Krishna Patel-Kessa Schreiner 6-0, 6-2; 3. Emily Meier-Kaylee Boureau (SP) def. Erin Schneider-Taylor Schneider 7-5, 6-2.Records: Stevens Point 3-0 Wisconsin Valley Conference; Marshfield 1-1 WVC.